Chocolate Chia Cups
I'm all for healthy foods and love the way they makes my body feel. But still, even with knowing the amazing feeling I get from eating well, I have to admit that I have a HUGE weak spot for chocolate. Yesterday, I was having some major cravings & so I got into the kitchen with all of my healthy ingredients to make something to satisfy the tummy without giving it the heavy & bad feeling afterwards. I came up with these chia cups not being totally sure as how they would turn out but let me tell you, they're delicious! On top of that, they're also gluten, dairy, & sugar free (with the exception of natural honey if you choose to add it).
- 1 can of coconut milk (400 ml)
- 3 & 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey with propolis or any type of raw honey (optional)
- dried mulberries
- hemp seeds
- mint leaves
1. If you're using coconut milk in a can, it's important to first make it warm so that all of the coconut cream comes out of the can (Otherwise, when you open it, you'll see a lot of the thick cream parts sticking to the sides). You can do this by boiling a small amount of water in a pot and then putting the can into the pot until the milk gets warm. Stir with a spoon as it warms to help all parts of the milk combine.
2. Mix together all dry ingredients.
3. Mix in almond butter and honey.
4. Add coconut milk and combine all ingredients until everything is mixed in well.
5. Pour mixture into small cups or bowls.
6. Put in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight.
7. Once ready, decorate with your favourite fruits or seeds & enjoy! For this recipe, I used raspberries, dried mulberries, hemp seeds, & mint leaves.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Honestly, even looking at the pictures again makes me wish I had made more. ;) Happy indulging!