Easy Homemade Detox Tea
We've all had those moments when we get off track from healthy eating or have had one too many bites of something. Here's my simple detox tea that helps ease stomach bloating and gets you back on track to feeling great! I especially love drinking this first thing in the morning to start the day off right.
- fresh mint
- tea bag (optional)
* The amount of each ingredient depends on your personal preference.
- Wash all ingredients. I like to wash all fruits & veggies with an apple cider vinegar and water mixture to rinse away all pesticides and chemicals.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon.
- Tear up & add a handful of mint leaves.
- Peel a stick of ginger and cut about 10 thin slices. I've found the easiest way to peel the skin off the ginger is with a spoon. Just place the spoon at an angle, push upwards, & voila!
5. Add in a tea bag for extra taste. Pukka teas have been a personal favorite of mine since I discovered them a few months ago. Not only is the brand organic and Fairtrade, this is by far the most flavorful tea I've had. Plus it comes along with beautifully designed packaging (which I'm a complete sucker for).
6. Once all the ingredients are ready, put them in your cup of choice (I love using this 1-liter glass jar), cover with boiling water, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes so all the flavors can get fully infused.
7. Enjoy! All of these ingredients bring together nutrients to help your body not only cleanse but also relax and increase your overall mood.
This is always my go-to drink that helps me get back on track to healthy eating so I hope it can help you as well! :)